Monday, November 28, 2011

Where Has All The Good Music Gone?

Tonia Medina

10/13/11

We all love music and the pleasure it brings to us. But most of the music these days has curse words in it or has no meaning at all. Some of the big music stars of today are Eminem, Rhianna, Miley Cyrus, Pink, and so on. There are a lot of different styles of music, such as rap, hip hop, country, and rock, but they should all come back to one point. Music is an absolute joy to listen to, or at least I think it should be. Some of the music stars of “yesterday” are John Denver, Alabama, and a lot of others. When I say those names people look at me like “who is that?”.  I truly do believe that we have lost the sense of what good music is. I like music and the sense that you can do anything in a song. I admit I listen to some bad songs that have no worth to me, but I like the so-called “old stuff”.  Country is a popular genre of music. Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood are two really famous stars. When I listen to one of their songs I feel the musicality in it. But when I listen to Eminem or Drake I don’t feel anything. I just hear what they’re saying.  Musicality is a wonder to me. I love to listen to a song and feel it in me more than I like to listen to a song and not even hear it. To end this, I think that we need to reconnect with music and really just listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment