Monday, November 28, 2011

What it’s like to be the only girl in my town

Tonia Medina

10/13/11

            Well, as some people know, I live out in the middle of nowhere.  That’s not the bad part. I guess it’s not completely the middle of nowhere, but it’s close enough.  It’s a small town called Confidence, Iowa.  It has a population of about 15. But wouldn’t you know, I’m the only girl.  I mean there are women that live there, but come on I need some girls to hang with.  I keep telling my dad that I’m going to build a great big cabin right in the middle of our yard and move all of my friends out there so I have some people (my age) to hang out with. There is a park right across the street from me with a sandbox, slides, monkey bars, basketball court, volleyball net, a rope ladder, and there’s even a really big lot for playing soccer or kickball.

            I like living out here because it’s quiet and not that much traffic goes through.  I’m friends with everyone, but I seriously need some girls!!  I used to like it when I first moved out here, but then I got older and grew out of my “tomboy style” and more into my girly style.  It sounds somewhat weird, but I never used to care what I looked like.  I didn’t care what my hair looked like, and I didn’t know anything about make-up.  I definitely didn’t wear that attractive of clothes.  Now that I’m older, it’s not really that fun only seeing my friends at school.  But you’re probably getting tired of reading this so I’m going to end it since I really don’t have much more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment