Monday, November 21, 2011

Bowling

Jeffrey Middlebrook

10/12/11



I’ve been bowling since I was really little. My parents used to bowl on leagues and I would bowl over on a lane by myself at the end of the alley. When I first started I was horrible, and I couldn’t throw the ball very hard.  I had to have the gutters in because I couldn’t keep the ball on the lane. I started out using a little 6 to 8 pound ball. My score was always low because I had no experience and didn’t know what I was doing.  Over the years I gradually got better and my grandma and grandpa would always help make sure I was doing it right. I have always thrown a straight ball until last year. I got a new ball with finger tips and started learning how to throw the hook ball. It is a different style, but once you get used to it, it is more accurate and you have more pin action. My grandpa throws a hook ball too, so he helped me out.  It was like learning how to bowl all over again, but I finally figured it out. I joined a junior-adult league when I was little and now I bowl on a league every Monday night with a few other kids my age. I now usually bowl in the high 100’s and an occasional 200. Bowling is a sport for all ages and is fun, but it takes practice to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment