Monday, November 28, 2011

Bennett Springs

Sarah Kelly

10-17-11

I love Bennett springs. It is a place for me to relax and enjoy my church family. I also love to fish down in Bennett springs, because it’s my favorite fishing spot.  I love it because it’s a great family-bonding trip.

          What I do down there is swim in the Nigura River.  We fish and hunt for ancient treasures.  Lorena, the wonderful woman she is, goes with us.  She is like our guide through the spring. She is a great joy to have on our trip every year.

If you want a great family adventure, go to Bennett springs.  You will feel refreshed and relaxed.  You will bring home a lot of laughs and memories.

The first thing my church does when we go down there is set up camp.  Then we get the veggies and food prepared for supper. While the adults make the food, the kids usually go swimming in the river.  The current is very strong and wavy. The water is cold but I get used to it really quick.

Then we eat supper. We have these things called fire packets. Then for dessert we have fire roasted apple crisp. It’s so delicious!  Then after supper we play hide and go seek in the dark. It’s fun but you better run fast because they will get you.

Overall, it’s a fun time and I can’t wait until next year to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment