Monday, November 21, 2011

Friendship Bracelets

Gretchen Norris

October 12, 2011


One thing I like to do in the summer is make bracelets out of cross stitching floss. I learned how to make them from a book that gives you different instructions for different bracelets. They are very easy to make, but they take some time depending on what bracelet you are making. All my friends enjoy me making these for them. If you ever want me to make you one just tell me and I’ll make it. I also have a wide range of colors to choose from. Here is a tutorial for a really easy bracelet that takes 5 minutes or less.



      You need two colors of cross stitching floss, scissors, tape, and a board or counter to make the bracelet on.

1.      First you pick out the two colors that you want to make your bracelet out of.
2.      Then cut 3 twenty-seven inch strings for each color
3.      After you cut those out, sort them by color. Then put them together and knot them at the top. Tape the string to your counter or board.
4.      Starting with all 3 pink strings make a four.
5.      Take the end of the pink string and loop it under the blue string. Then pull tightly.
 6.After you’re done with that take the blue string and do the exact same thing only backwards. Make a backwards 4 and then take the end of it and loop it underneath the pink. Then pull tightly.
 7.      Do that for the whole bracelet until you have it the length you want. Here is what it looks like when it’s finished.

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment