Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cross country

Ashtyn VanderSluis
10/16/11

        This year I decided to join cross country, a sport I’ve never done before. It is similar to track except you’re not running around on asphalt in a 400-meter circle. In cross country your goal is to beat your time and improve. Practice is pretty important to attend because if you don’t practice enough you most likely won’t improve much and you’ll probably get out of shape.

           No matter what place you get it’s an accomplishment to even finish a 2.5 mile race. I don’t know yet if cross country is the sport for me, but it was fun and I’m glad I did it rather than lying around and being lazy. I have built better endurance and gained more muscle from cross country, and now I’ll be in better shape for track. This Thursday is our last cross country meet, and it is also districts. I’m planning on working hard in all of my practices because I want do well in districts. I’m also always glad to see my parents and friends there cheering me on and watching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment