Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Volleyball

Amy Nyberg
October 13, 2011
Volleyball is one of my favorite sports. This year was my first year and I really liked it.  Before I moved to Corydon, my friends taught me the basics of volleyball so I had an idea of what to do. Volleyball was not as easy as it looked. You have to have good timing on your spikes and down balls and communication with your team.  I do not mind practicing. We have to run, but it is not that bad. Practice gives me a chance to get better at what I need to work on so I can be better during games. It is hard to play all the time in games because there are only 6 people that can play at a time. Usually people go in for each other when one person goes to a position they do not usually play. If you mess up a lot, most likely, someone else will play your position for a while.

This year, for freshman volleyball, we did not do as well as we could have. Our serve reception was not always the best. We did not always call the ball, or we just watched the ball go past us. But, on our last game, I thought we played like a team. Our serves went over most of the time; we talked and moved our feet correctly. I think we did improve throughout the season. We all know what we need to work on. Next year, will hopefully be a better year for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment