Monday, November 28, 2011

Horses

Katelyn Campbell

Oct. 13, 2011



Horseback riding is really fun and if someone is interested they should try it.  Someone can do so many different things with a horse.  People can barrel race, pole bend, goat tie, pleasure ride, trail ride, break away roping/ calf tying and so much more.  Some people just like to play with their horse.  I like to do both.  I have an all-around horse, which means I do about everything with him.  I love spending time with my horse and brushing him and playing with him.  It is really fun when I go to Leon Youth Rodeos during the summer with my friends.  At these rodeos, I do barrels, poles, and goat tying.  When you are out there you do not realize that you are doing all of the stuff you practiced and that you are looking and kicking.  You do not even realize it.  It is kind of an adrenaline rush.  When I’m out there, I cannot hear anything else; it is just me and my horse.

    I also really enjoy going on trail rides with my friends.  It is really fun to go exploring and to make your own path.  My favorite thing to do when I am trail riding is going through water.  Sometimes during the summer, we camp somewhere and go trail riding.  We sometimes camp at my grandparents’ house.  They have an arena and quite a few acres that we can ride on. 

    On Sundays we ride at Trails End Arena at Allerton.  If it is a 4-H meeting then we usually work on our techniques, but if it is not a 4-H meeting then we usually do something fun like barrels and poles, or roping.

No comments:

Post a Comment