Monday, November 21, 2011

Sports

Dally Veach

October 14, 2011



I love playing sports. The sports I play are softball, basketball, and track. In the past I have played volleyball as well, but I decided not to this year. All sports require a lot of dedication, which means a lot of practice and hard work.

My favorite sport is softball by far. I play second base, catcher, or shortstop most of the time. I think that catching would have to be my favorite out of all of them. Last year, I played for junior high and high school, which was kind of time consuming but totally worth it. Our junior high team had some problems due to not having very many pitchers, but we worked our way through them. I usually caught on this team. Our high school team was very small and young, but we didn’t let that stop us. I mostly played second, shortstop, or caught for JV. We gave it our all but, ended our season by losing a regional game to Martensdale.

I also play basketball and run track. Last year in basketball I was the point guard. Our starting team consisted of MaryAnn, Shania, Gabriella, Gretchen, and I. We have all played with each other for several years. I think because of that we worked together as a team very well, most of the time. In track I ran the 4x100, 4x200, and the 100 meter dash. In the 4x100, we did okay and got third most of the time. In the 4x200, we did really well and won it a couple times. In the 100 meter dash I did okay, and usually placed anywhere from 3rd-5th. Sports are important to me and I think they teach you valuable life lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment