Monday, November 21, 2011

Chey Homann

10/12/11

Trapping is a fun hobby during the winter. Trapping is a sport where you catch animals in traps that you have set to get their fur. I started trapping with my dad last year and I was already hooked after I caught my first raccoon. My dad trapped when he was a kid, so he knows how to trap. He taught me all of his tricks and we were pretty successful for our first year. We trapped raccoons and muskrats and tried to catch coyotes, minks, and otters. We caught our muskrats out of their holes built into the side of the pond. They did not bring a lot of money but, at least it brought a little. WE caught our biggest raccoons by small streams that have dried out but still have some water left in them. We use fish to catch our raccoons and it seemed to work pretty good. Last year we caught 50 raccoons and 7 muskrats, and this year we are hoping to get more. WE were kind of late setting our traps for muskrats so this year we will be faster. We use a cannibare to trap our raccoons and a smaller cannibare to trap our muskrats. On weekends we set foot-traps just because you have to check them everyday. So this year we hope to catch a coyote and an otter because they both can bring a good amount of money. Trapping is exciting and I recommend it to everyone.    

No comments:

Post a Comment