Monday, November 28, 2011

Shooting guns

Ridge Downard

10/17/11

Shooting guns is really fun because of the power of them and trying to hit the targets. Some guns have more power than others because they have more grain in the bullets. Shooting a gun and hitting a target from two hundred yards away is a really good feeling. I have shot a duck that was in the water from three hundred yards with a twenty-two.  It gave me joy to do that.  When I shot my twenty-two at the duck, I had to aim three feet above it and it took a second or two for the bullet to hit it.  That was the farthest shot I have ever taken. The second farthest shot was when I shot a rabbit with a twenty-two from a hundred yards away. The closest shot was with a shotgun.  I shot a squirrel with my twenty-gauge slug.  I have also shot a turkey with my twenty-gauge from thirty yards away; it was the first turkey that I have ever shot.  My first turkey was a jake, and it had a four and a half inch beard.

What I like the most about guns is to have something very powerful in your hands that you can control.  When I shoot a gun at an animal in the quiet timber, it makes me jump.  After that first shot everything goes very quiet. I like having a shooting contest with friends and family because I win most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment