Monday, November 28, 2011

Gymnastics

MaryAnn Inthisan

13 October 2011


Gymnastics is one of the many great aspects of my life. I enjoy doing, watching, and just simply learning gymnastics. I love the intense thrills you get while flipping through the air, once, twice, and then the great satisfaction you get when you land your trick, solid as a rock.  I love the nervousness that lingers in your stomach before every event, the chalk prints of your hands and feet, and the night right before a match when you try your hardest to get rest but just can’t seem to sleep.  Those are things I love about gymnastics.

In gymnastics, you have teammates, the ones you practice with, the ones who push you to your greatest limits.  They are family.  You have to look out for each other, on and off the mat. If one of you falls, then all of you fall. If you win, then all of you win. Gymnastics is one of the many ways I choose to express my emotions, and it’s also how I vent. Running towards a stationary object, spinning and flying on the uneven bars, keeping balance on the beam, and flipping through the air on floor are great ways to exert anger and stress.

Besides all of those things, the one thing that I absolutely love about gymnastics is the support you get when something doesn’t go your way. People are always there when I fall. People are always there to give me constructive criticism. People are always there to cheer me on. People are always there to congratulate me when I boss my landings. People. I love the people. I love gymnastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment