Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Softball

Amy Nyberg
October 13, 2011
I started playing softball about 4 years ago when I lived in Pine Island. Ever since then it has been my favorite sport. I have played 2nd and 3rd  base, shortstop, and outfield. Some of the things I love about softball are hitting the ball, getting on base, running the bases, ending up having to slide when I reach the base, and getting people out. Also, when I play outfield I love to catch the ball and throw runners out. My favorite thing is going into the dugout after a good game or inning, and hearing my teammates excited because we played so well or  while when you’re batting, all the cheers after each pitch are for you. Softball is fun because you get to hang out with your friends, get to be outside, even though it can get really hot, and you get exercise.
Even though we practice a lot during softball season, I usually practice in the Fall and Spring at home. Some of the things I practice are batting, throwing, catching pop flies and getting my glove down for grounders.  Last year, I was on the junior high team for the Lady Falcons. I was new to school so I did not know a lot of people, but because I was in softball I met a lot of  friends and it was easier to go to school knowing that I knew people. That was my best year for softball yet. I hope that the next softball season will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment