Monday, November 28, 2011

Track

Katelyn Campbell

Oct. 13, 2011



    Track is my favorite sport.  I like it because it is a team sport, but it is an individual thing, too.  No one gets mad at you if you lose and I can push myself.   I like running because it clears my mind and I am good at it.  My favorite part about track is hurdles.   It runs in the family.  My brother does hurdles and my mom’s shuttle hurdle team went to state.  My mom is kind of our hurdle coach, but unofficially.  She does clinics and comes out about halfway through practice to help us. 

My best time is 19.1 seconds.  Last year our shuttle hurdle relay team was undefeated.  Our team was Shania Austin, Mary Ann Inthisan, Karna Hampton, and I.  It is a lot of hard work though.  We would stay after practice almost every night just working on form and driving off the hurdle, and even if I did not have a hurdle then I would stretch or lift weights.  

My season of hurdles is year round.  I go out for other sports so I stay in shape.  Then as soon as it gets warm I start going to the track and running, and if they have the hurdles out then I run a few.  Hurdles take endurance, speed, form, and heart.  Without endurance you will die after about five hurdles.  If you can do all ten hurdles that is great, but if you have no form then you are going to be slow because you will probably float over the hurdle.  You also have to be fast at them, too.  Heart is probably one of the most important things in any sport.  Without it you have no desire to work hard so you can win.  Someone can be the worst runner in the world, but if they work really hard all of the time they will beat the people that may have talent, but do not work hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment