Sunday, November 20, 2011

Deer Hunting


Brandon Gassman

10/12/11

Deer hunting is a blast and really exciting. I started deer hunting when I was nine, the year before my dad bought me a 20-gauge shotgun. When we first got it, I thought that it would be hard for me to shoot standing up, but it had hardly any recoil at all. We then began to practice shooting with slugs, which are used for deer hunting. When shotgun season rolled around my dad said I could go hunting with them. Every year at this time my Uncle Kevin comes down to go with us hunting. Almost every year I get to skip a day or two of school to go hunting, and my first year the day was on a Monday. On the hunt, I had a buck run by me and I made a good shot on it, but it didn’t bleed very much, so, we didn’t find it. I felt really disappointed, until Wednesday when I got home from school. When I got home my dad told me that they had hunted the same place where I shot my deer and they found it. It had not gotten more than 100 yards from where I shot him. Since then I have taken up muzzleloader and bow hunting. Those are both really fun, but a lot harder. With a muzzleloader you only get one shot, so you have to make it count. When bow hunting you have to allow the deer to get in really close to get the shot. Deer hunting is a lot of fun, and it’s my favorite hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment