Monday, November 21, 2011

Horses

Gabriella Buban

10/13/11



I love my horse. Sometimes she can be a pain but usually she is good. Riding horses is fun because you can do a lot of things with them. In June, July, and August there are youth rodeos in Leon that Shania, Katelyn, and I go to. They are a lot of fun; we do barrels, poles, and goat tying. It is a lot of fun.

To practice for the fair and the Leon youth rodeos we go to horse practice every Sunday.  It is a lot of fun on Clay’s good days. At the barn where we have horse practice, we learn a lot of ways to warm our horses up. If you are having problems with something like spins you will learn ways to improve them. When my horse is at home and she is up, if I am having a bad day or I am mad, I just go get on her in the pasture, and let her wander around and then everything is much better.

My little brother is only 4 and he rides his horse all by himself, he is really proud of himself. His horse’s name is Pepto; she is a grey mare. My horses name is Missy; she is a sorrel mare. My other brother Spencer has a horse and its name is Cash, and he is a bay gilding. Just in case you did not know, a mare is a girl horse, a gilding is a boy that is cut, and a stud is a boy that is not cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment