Monday, November 28, 2011

Hunting

Ridge Downard

10/17/11

            My favorite part about hunting is when you have a nice buck walk in and you are just waiting and watching that buck get closer and closer.  Then you raise your gun to shoot and you breathe easily to make a good shot.  But sometimes you miss and you are just so disappointed.

            Shooting a rifle during bow season in the rut is a very big disadvantage to the deer because the deer are very dumb.  You would be able to shoot them from a couple hundred yards.  One thing you have to look out for is does sniffing you out.  Things to help prevent them from smelling you are to have a higher tree stand and a scent cover.  If a doe smells you it will warn the others by snorting, and then all the deer that hear that snort will run away and hide.  Most deer run into draws and lay down.  When they do that, there is no finding them because they are very hard to see because they blend in.  

            Most of the things I see when I go hunting are coons and a bunch of squirrels.  The other day when I was hunting, I had a squirrel come five feet away, I shot him with my twenty-gauge slug right in the side, and it blew it up.  I shot my first deer from fifteen yards away with my shot gun. The second deer I shot was from twenty yards away with a 30-30.

No comments:

Post a Comment