Monday, November 21, 2011

Guns

Draven Jellison

October 14, 2011



There are many types of guns in the United States and many people own guns. I own a few guns myself. There are also many calibers of guns. Many people love to own guns, but then there are those people that hate guns and want them only to be used for the armed forces. If guns were taken away there would probably be another civil war, or big dispute, or something.

Here are some brands of guns: Winchester, Remington, Henry Repeaters, Mossberg, Ruger, H&R, etc. I would have to say my favorite is Winchester, because it is an old brand and they shoot really well. There are many calibers also. They are 30-30, 223, 22, 357, 20 gauge, 12 gauge, 410 gauge, 10 gauge, .45 cal., etc. My favorite would have to be a toss up between the 30-30 and the 223. The different actions of guns would be bolt-action, lever-action, semi-auto, pump-action, automatic, etc. There are high powered rifles, shotguns, handguns, launchers, sub machine guns, assault rifles, etc.

Most of the first guns created were muzzle loaders. They got that name because the powder and bullet are loaded through the muzzle. I think they are a pretty accurate weapon. The problem with the gun is that it only holds one shot at a time. That also makes a person a better shot and its more challenging. My favorite part about owning a gun would be that I can hunt with them. I can also use them for protection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment