Monday, November 28, 2011

Performance

MaryAnn Inthisan

13 October 2011


Playing the guitar is one of my ultimate passions. Music is a way I can freely express my emotions.  Playing the guitar is also a way to escape the horrible realms of boredom.

I started experimenting with the guitar when I was just a little thing and barely out of the pull-ups.  I lost interest though, being a toddler with a short attention span.  I re-sought how to learn the guitar and started teaching myself. I found it excruciatingly difficult and I quickly lost my temper during my self-taught lessons.  I was determined to learn though. So I practiced every day and every night before I went to bed. Eventually, I got talented enough to perform a song. The song was, “Island in the Sun” by Weezer. (The easiest song besides Smoke on the Water to play on the guitar.)

The more I practiced playing my guitar, the more I could do. Soon enough I could play multiple songs and even sing to a couple of them. To me, this was a miracle. I stayed up late playing and singing, disturbing the peace. I love the sound of the guitar, my guitar.  I love the way the sound carries through the air, lingering around the room.

I will never stop playing the guitar and that I have promised myself.  I’ll teach my children how to play and sing, and they will teach their children, and so on and so forth.  Guitar is one of the many ways to carry your emotions through onto others. It’s my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment