Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gaming

Caleb Gradeless

October 13, 2011



Gaming is a term for playing a video game. I define it as a way of communicating with ones friends or to relieve stress after a bad day. I think it is good for one to relieve stress by doing something like a hobby to get away from reality. This is my hobby and many other people’s, too.

Completing a level is like a mental achievement for me.  It is a reward for all my hard work. Gaming is like virtual reality where you can do whatever you want.  You can help a person in the game by getting something for them or rescuing someone from a pack of raiders. You can decide to go out of your way to help them or you could just stick to what your mission is in the game.

Some people get mad if they see others playing a video game because they think that they are wasting their lives at a useless thing. Well, what I want to say to them is that they have their own hobbies that they can stick to. We don’t complain about their hobbies because we know what it is like to not be accepted as a gamer, but can’t we just deal with our own problems and get on with our lives? You do what you want to do for your free time and I’ll stick to mine.

Yes, I like gaming, but what I don’t like are the gamers that spend their whole lives dedicated to gaming. I called it a hobby for a reason.  You can’t just keep on playing your games and never come back to reality, because sometime reality will come back to bite you in the butt. Well, that’s my opinion on gaming and no one will ever change that no matter how hard they try.

No comments:

Post a Comment