Thursday, March 17, 2011

Brennan Banks - Softball

Brennan Banks
3-17-11
Last year, I was a pre-freshman.  I got pulled up to play JV and Varsity softball. I started centerfield for varsity.  We were the POI Conference champs. To go to state we had to beat I-35. We beat them 2-0.
At state, we got to stay in our own dorm rooms.  The first team we played was IKM Manning. We beat them 9-0. The second team we played was Fort Dodge Saint Edmonds.  We also beat them 3-0. We were going to the championship game!
We played BCLUW. They went to state last year and won. We knew they were a tough team to beat. We were the home team. The score was 9-0 in the first quarter.  Everyone got down on themselves. We lost the game. However, 2nd place was still good considering that it was our first year there.
      This experience taught me a lot. It taught me that if you believe in yourself you can do anything. Also, never get down on yourself no matter how far behind you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment