Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shay Bardwell - Fright Night

Shay B.
March 17, 2011
I was watching my younger sister the other day and we were bored.  We had played Uno, the card game.  We even had made macaroni and cheese twice, because the first time we burnt it.  Finally, we sat down to watch her favorite TV.  Show “Supernatural.”  Well, my sister got an idea.  “Just do as I say,” she told me.  So, I agreed to.
            She ran around the house telling me to grab candles and take them to the living room. We lit the candles and scattered them among the house. My sister then went to the Wii basket and handed me a toy gun.  In a whisper she says, “We are going to hunt ghosts.”
            With the lights off and the candles burning as she hunted for ghosts, I would hide around corners.  When she came looking for me I would jump out to scare her. She found it funny at first. After so long of scaring her and shooting at ghosts, it was bedtime.  I told her to get her pjs on while I brushed my teeth.  We planned to watch a movie afterwards.  As I began to brush my teeth, a blood-curdling scream came from the other side of the house.  In the middle of this scream I heard something fall over and a door slam shut.
 I flung open the door to a dark room except for one candle in the back.  I turned on the light, but no sister.  At this point, I began freaking out.  I ran to every room in the house.  No sister. Standing next to the table, I began to dial mom’s number when I heard a giggle.  I closed my phone just as two hands reached from under the table and around my ankle.  I jerked my leg away from the hands in fear.  In doing so, I lost my balance and slipped landing on my back making me look face to face with a wild-eyed grinning sister.
“I scared you, I scared you”, she taunted.  Once my heart slowed down, I laughed and agreed that she had gotten me.  We went to bed soon after that still laughing about how bad she scared me, and what a fun game she had made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment