Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Deer Hunting

Deer hunting is really fun.  I love when we’re pushing deer and I’m sitting point and haven’t seen anything all day when all of the sudden a whitetail flies up and gets my heart pumping, especially when I fire my first shot at them.  I started hunting when I was 12 years old, and I’m 15 now.  The first time deer hunting was scary for me.  We went out to my uncle’s land after lunch and my dad put me at the end of the timber behind this big oak tree.  Well, after a half an hour, I was worried and then I heard the truck.  I started walking towards it and then I heard gunshots and heard something fly be me, so I dove to the ground and stayed until my dad appeared.  Apparently, a deer had run by the spot I was sitting.  After finding out it was a big eight-point buck, I was kind of upset.

                Deer hunting is also fun because you get outside and get to do some exercise.  However, I hate hunting in the rain and snow because snow means you get slowed down a lot and can hardly move.  Rain means your guns can rust.  I remember one time I jumped a fence and fell in waist deep of snow and on top of that, it was cold and raining hard.  But deer hunters don’t let the weather get the best of them.
Cody Bertelsen
May 24, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment