Friday, May 6, 2011

Baseball

There is no better feeling than stepping on to the pitcher’s mound. As I pitch the ball, the intensity of the game rises. The pitch at its precise pace, the swing that is barely off, and the last call that is a, “strikeout,” wins us the game. The minute the game starts I know there is no backing down! As I walk up to the plate everything freezes. It’s just me, the pitcher, and the ball. The second my bat makes contact with the ball I know right where it is going. Right as I see that ball go I begin to take off; base to base. It feels like I am unstoppable. When I score, there is nothing that can keep me down. When it comes down to the final inning, I, as a designated pitcher, pitch my heart out.  I prove to coach that this is what I am capable of doing and nothing less.
C.D. Kunzie
4/11

No comments:

Post a Comment