Thursday, May 19, 2011

Softball Season Begins!

We have been practicing for a little over a week now with hitting at 6:15 in the morning, defense in the evening, and weight training two days each week.  On top of all that we have to keep up with our school work.  Talk about being tired!  I wouldn’t trade it for anything.  Softball season is my favorite time of the year.  I love pitching.  I love striking out my opponent with a perfect change-up, hitting a hard base hit over an outfielder’s head, and getting a win at the end of the night.  There is nothing better than coming into a huddle with my teammates, who happen to also be my best friends, right after a great play.  This season we are pretty young, but have worked harder than we ever have in the off season.  I am excited for games to begin and to have my first varsity start as a Lady Falcon pitcher. 
Breanna Fortune
5/19/11

No comments:

Post a Comment