Friday, May 6, 2011

Trying Something New

This spring I decided to try something new, well two somethings actually - Tae kwon do and soccer.  I’m glad that I chose to do so. I have made new friends and I really like soccer. Trying new things also helps with confidence. I’m getting better about not being so shy. At first I was worried I would be terrible, but I’m not too bad. I play defense, and I’m an orange belt in Tae kwon do. Saturday, I will test to see if I get to pass to a yellow belt. I’m nervous about testing because there will be some judges and the rest of the class will be watching, gulp. Soccer is much more fun than I thought it would be. For jv games there are two thirty-minute halves. There are ten players on the field, three forwards, three mid-fielders, four defenders, and the goalie. Our team has done well so far in games and I’m excited for our next one against Creston. We beat them the first time we played them, and there was a really mean short girl on their team. So, I hope we beat them again.
Sam Banks
4/11
 

No comments:

Post a Comment