Friday, March 16, 2012

What’s New?

Dally Veach

3-14-12

What’s New?

Life is always changing and there are always new things coming about. In my opinion, trying new things makes someone a better person. A couple of new things going on in my life are that I am currently taking an early bird Drivers Ed course, my first year of high school track has just begun, and I just rearranged my entire room.

Drivers Ed started about three weeks ago. We have had seven classes and my partner, MaryAnn, and I have driven twice so far. In class (that’s at 6:30 am), we go over the chapter briefly, we then check our book assignment, followed my taking a short quiz. The first time we drove, we just drove locally and went over simple fundamentals of driving. Then the second time we drove we went the short distance to Chariton. We practiced merging, stopping correctly, and maintaining speed up hills, down hills, and around corners. I am looking forward to completing this class so that I can get my school permit.

After the first week and a half of track I am kind of stiff and sore. That’s normal, right?J So the first day we ran a course; it was from the school, around and up snob hill, to the cemetery, and then back to school. The second day we had to sprint up snob hill 20 times to increase our stride and then we sprinted short distances some so we could try to stride out. On Friday, the third day, we had the choice to either go to speed and agility or run after school. This week we have went out to the track because it has been so nice out.

Lastly, I rearranged my room. I moved my entertainment center, bed, and trophy shelf. Once I got all of this done I realized I was going to have an empty wall and wanted to decorate it. I decided I wanted a quote on a canvas and some pictures. I have ended up using the Winnie the Pooh quote, “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think”. Along with that I have put up five pictures of me playing softball. I really like the way I did it. So, all in all, what I’m saying is new things can be really good and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment